Here is a general list amongst many others, of intrusive thoughts.
- Impulse to hurt or harm someone.
- Impulse to say something nasty and damning to someone.
- Thought of causing harm to, or the death of, close friend or family member.
- Thought of acts of violence in sex.
- Impulse to crash car, when driving.
- Thought “why should they do that? They shouldn’t do that,” in relation to people “misbehaving.”
- Impulse to attack or strangle cats or kittens.
- Thought “I wish he/she were dead, with reference to persons close and dear.
- Thought of harming partner with physical violence.
- Impulse to attack or violently punish someone, for example, to throw a child out of a bus.
- Impulse to engage in certain sexual practices that involve pain to the partner.
- Thought” Did I commit this crime?” When reading reports of crime.
- Thought that you might go berserk all of a sudden.
- Thought wishing and imagining that someone close to you was hurt or harmed.
- Impulse to violently attack and kill a dog that you love.
- Impulse to attack or harm someone, especially your own child, with bat, knife, or heavy object.
- Thought of unnatural sex acts.
- Thought of hurting someone by doing something nasty, not physical violence. ” Would I or would I not do it?”
- Impulse to be rude and say something nasty to people.
- Thoughts of putting obscene words in print.
- Mental image of stabbing a passer-by.
- Mental image of stripping in church.
Some general Common obsessions in OCD
Excessive concern with exactness, order or symmetry.
- Obsessions with the body or physical symptoms.
- Religious, sacrilegious or blasphemous thought.
- Sexual thoughts/images e.g. being a homosexual.
- Thoughts or images of violence or aggression ( e.g. hurting your baby)
Reading material suggestion of being one of the best books on the market: Overcoming Obsessive Compulsive Disorder By David Veale & Rob Willson